Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Breadmaking Day, Try Try Again...

I used to make bread.
I really did.
I used to make wonderful, beautiful, scrumptious loafs of bread for my family to enjoy.
Fresh bread from scratch, the aroma is intoxicating.
The feel beneath your hands an you knead is calming, relaxing.
The whole process always makes me feel like I am doing something basic, a lost art. It always makes me feel fulfilled.
Not so many years back women made all of the bread that their families ate. It was all homemade.
No preservatives.
No grocery store shelves with 5 million choices...
Just one women, some yeast, flour, water, maybe a few other ingredients, and some time... and her hands yielded something so fragrant, so beautiful, so necessary for her family for the week.
A LOST ART.
I am on this kick that I want to make things from scratch for my family.
I really want clean, healthy living to be a priority again for my family.
So, I am starting today with BREAD MAKING 101 apparently. Apparently I lost my touch.
But I will get it back.
My fridg is stocked with grocery store veggies, not my first choice...but it will have to do.
I am planning to look into finding a farm to get local fresh veggies from.
We have all those farms out toward Gilbert...they have to have one that is willing to sell straight to the consumer???
Our new State Farmers Market is due to open in April 2010.
Its supposed to be state of the art, and wonderful. I cannot wait!!!!
Fresh from the farm that day. It doesn't get any better than that.
We have come so far from that in America. So many prepackaged, so many things picked so early and shipped from so far away....
I am really wanting to revamp our diet.
This is my goal for this new year.
I will take small steps at a time.
I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE PROSPECT OF IT.
COOKING FROM SCRATCH. MAKING WONDERFUL MEALS FROM LOCAL, FRESH PRODUCE.
LETTING PRODUCE TAKE THE FRONT, OR EITHER BE HIDDEN IN PUREES IN THE MAIN DISH!
i COULD GO ON....but i shall end her for today.
Can you tell I am excited to be able to cook again? To be in charge of my families intake again?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very inspiring! Can't wait to talk cooking with you when I get home. You should blog about your cooking endeavors this year.

    Where will the State Farmers Market be?

    One of my New Year's plans is to start "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day." I got my pizza stone for Christmas, so now I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, you are making me want to do it with you:)
    Hope your bread came out today:)

    ReplyDelete