Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

M&M and my Tornado issues....

M&M started this week!!!! Of course, it was on Tuesday and what happened on Tuesday??? A TORNADO watch.... I am deathly afraid of tornados ever since I was in the middle of one years ago in high school here in Lexington, SC..... I have prayed over this, I think I have even blogged about it ( tornados-and-me-go-way-back...) So, I did not go to the meeting, I was scared to leave my house, except to go and get my kids out of school. Crazy right??? I just had to have them home with me.... HOWEVER, God did work in me and kept me Calm. Way calmer than I ever am during such a time. I thank God so much for allowing me to trust in him and to stay calm!!!!


Well today I listened to the recording of M&M so I would know the verse. I sat outside on the the back deck this am and really enjoyed my time listening to Barb, absorbing God's word, and getting tips via Barb on how to Meditate and Memorize!!!!!

I loved the song she introduced with, I recall it from the few classes I made last year. It is such a good way to begin my time alone with GOD.

LORD I HAVE SHUT THE DOOR

Lord, I have shut the door, Speak now the word
Which in the din and throng Could not be heard;
Hushed now my inner heart, Whisper Thy will,
While I have come apart, While all is still.

Lord, I have shut the door, Here do I bow;
Speak, for my soul attent Turns to Thee now.
Rebuke Thou what is vain, Counsel my soul,
Thy holy will reveal, My will control.

In this blest quietness Clamorings cease;
Here in Thy presence dwells Infinite peace;
Yonder, the strife and cry, Yonder, the sin:
 Lord, I have shut the door, Thou art within!

Lord, I have shut the door, Strengthen my heart;
Yonder awaits the task at hand I share a part.
Only thro’ grace bestowed May I be true;
Here, while alone with Thee, My strength renew

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I'm so glad I saw this via facebook. Love you, girl! Can't wait to have you in M&M. Barb

    ReplyDelete