Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life Choices....what I have been thinking lately...

This is from my Calorie King blog group posting that I use daily to keep myself on track.... its a post from my friend there Tracey......

A quote about life.
"Without the cracks the light couldn't shine in"

I think this HEALTHY REFLECTION from Sparkpeople is appropriate for today.

Do you really know what you're made of?

It's easy to stay true to our values when life is sunny.t because sometimes hope disappears, options run out, and bright days can turn darkl you can really count on to be there is your own inner strength.ese low points are chances to learn what you're capable of when you refuse to be knocked down for good. You may not be able to choose your hardships or options. But you do have the power to face what you're given with high character.ourself and your instincts, and your best will come forward. Think about the last time you had the choice to fold under pressure or to rise to the occasion. How might you have handled it a little differently? If there's room for improvement, what actions would have made you more proud of yourself?

Look at a man in the midst of doubt and danger and you will learn in his hour of adversity what he really is.
- Lucretius, Roman philosopher

ok...so as a christian I did not agree with all of the above. I am so grateful that I do not ever loose HOPE...Thank you LORD that I will always have HOPE in YOU. YOu will never leave nor forsake...Your plans are to prosper not to harm....
IT did point to me the idea that I have a choice daily...I choose my frame of mind, I choose my steps daily....
I want to choose to GLORIFY HIM IN ALL THAT I DO
I want to TrUsT more, have STRonGeR FAITH....I feel so frustrated, so down often as of late.
I want to choose to live a life that is a good example to my children, no matter the circumstances I am presented with.
I want to choose to see the light thorugh the cracks...
to see that I can choose to find the Good in the situation, the ability to grow, the possibility to honor GOD perhaps by...I don't know....thats what I want to begin to seek out more.
I choose to stop feeling down, sorry for myself. YEs this has been a rough year.. BUt GOd continues to provide...In every way. We have not gone under.
I continue to be blessed by:
an AMAZING HUSBAND who showers me with LOVE, SUPPORT, HELP as I continue to need it so much!!
an ever SUPPORTIVE Family...MOM, DAD, InLAWs!!!!They have stood by us through everything and continue to do so!
Kids who continue to thrive despite all.
An amazing circle of FRIENDS!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL..amazing continue support, and I have needed so much this year!!!


SO THANK YOU GOD FOR THE "CRACKS" SO THAT YOUR LIGHT MAY SHINE IN ALL THE MORE!!!!!
HELP ME TO BE EVER GRATEFUL AND EVER MINFUL of YOUR PRESENCE.

Thank you Jason,Family,Friend for all you do...I am truley grateful! I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I tried to call you yesterday to check on you and Jack but your voice mail turned on. I hope you and Jack are feeling better:) Keep me up to date:)

    ReplyDelete